Who actually makes Lesco brand walk-behinds?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by landcruiser, May 8, 2007.

1. landcruiser

landcruiser LawnSite Member
    from Tx

I looking to buy a Lesco brand 60" walk behind w/21hp Kawasaki. Who actually makes these units for Lesco and are they any good?

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

60 with a 21 sounds like bob cat???

3. John Gamba

from ct

Can you post a pic of this mower.

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Cub Cadet Commercial/MTD has been making all the Lesco mowers for quite some time. That arraingement is about to come to an end I believe. You are probably looking at a Cub Commercial machine in Lesco green paint.

5. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i urge you to reconsider -buying a lesco with its future uncertain is shear folly.

6. John Gamba

from ct

Mowingman

A walk behind 21hp 60" deck??? I just looked and bob cat discontinued the 61" 21kaw hydro walk. Who else has a 21 60 walk??

7. fargoboy

fargoboy LawnSite Member

Lesco made their own stuff for many years in Florida using Scag designs. They then formed a joint venture with MTD called CTP(commercial turf products) and moved the plant to Strongville Ohio when they couldn't manufacture stuff fast enough in Florida. Lesco opted out of the relationship and now they buy machines from anyone. Expect they will only sell john deere in the future. John Deere will now have access to the Lesco spreader and Chemlawn gun and the orginal scag designs.

8. CRF500

CRF500 LawnSite Member

If it is one of the big green floaters I have heard less than stellar reviews and I do not believe there are very many in excistance so parts may be hard to find.

The great thing about Lesco mowers is you can get them used for next to nothing, you weigh it out.

9. bigtex

bigtex LawnSite Member
    from ma

I Got A 32 Lesco With A 14 Kawi With 400hrs On It And It Runs Fine, Always Has Since New. Not The Best All Around Performing Wb But Like The Last Guy Said You Can Get Them Cheaper$ Than Any Other Ones.

10. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

This is correct, MTD/Cub Cadet sells their mowers to Lesco ... the Lesco rep here on Lawnsite confirmed that in another thread not too long ago.