Who are the largest companies...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn-Scapes, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

participating here on lawnsite? How many guys do you employ? How long did it take you to get where you are today?

Just curious...

2. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Hmmmm.................

I have no recolection

I will plead the 5th ammendment for fear that any answer I provice may incriminate me................:blob3:

3. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

2 full-time including myself, 2 part-time college kids.
    I started 10 years ago as a part-time mowing company, jumped in full-time this year as a full service grounds maintenance contractor. After working for someone else my whole life, love being my own boss.

4. EmeraldLawncare

EmeraldLawncare LawnSite Member

Hrmmm...

I employ 1 (myself)
    It has taken me a month and a half.

;)

5. Lawn DOG

Lawn DOG LawnSite Senior Member

I employ about 9 to 12 on average.
    I have taken my lco from one push mower to 5 new trucks and too much equipment to put on a little list for show and tell. I have also opened a full service Garden center and supply my competition with products(That's a novel idea).I am in the process of opening a pond store(target september) as soon as i go to closing on property. I provide full medical for my employees plus bonuses. It has taken me a little over ten years to get this far and i ain't now where yet. Wanna know my secret. Don't follow the follwers. Copy the leaders. Don't be a talker be a doer. Don't reinvent the wheel.

Too many followers trying to give advice. Sometimes the one who listens more than talks is wiser....
    For all you know I could be making all this up...or not.
    Don't like tooting my own horn but beep beep. I think i can.

6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Amen LawnDOG

7. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Lawn Dog is top dog? Thanks for your comments LD

8. mottster

mottster LawnSite Member

I don't believe there are any employees that are members on here but here in Wichita there's a LCO called Suburban Landscape Managementor something...we just call them Suburban. Anyway...they hve 20 mowing crews and in peak summer weeks they have over 90 employees. They have a guy that isfull time just hiring and firing people. they go through 4 or 5 guys a week cuz they have a rule where if you're late or mess something up you're on a 6 month probation....anything else and you're gone. Crazy stuff.

As for the company i work for...at the beginning of the year we had 8 all together...now we have 5 due to some just walking off the job...one got fired...and another got a better job at Coca Cola.

Good times.

9. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Youve been reading that Aquascape mag. too many times....:D :D :D

10. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

2 full time (including me) 1 part time.