Who are your best customers ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HHlandscaping, Sep 19, 2013.

1. HHlandscaping

HHlandscaping LawnSite Member

Over the years I am finally starting to realize that most of my best customers

are ranging from ages 50 to early 60s.. They always make sure you get your

money like paying cash and will call you when they know they owe you money.

Some of my customers with kids are always running around and doing this or

that and seem like paying the Lawn guy is the last thing they are worrying

About !!! I NEED MORE OLDER CUSTOMERS LOL

THOUGHTS ???????

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  2. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I couldn't agree more with you.

3. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Around here its all rich or old, or rich and old.

I will say I have real nice customers.

4. BckYrdLmbrJk

BckYrdLmbrJk LawnSite Member

I'm 23 and I would say my favorite customers are all 50+. I have some good customers who are in their 40's but I prefer to do business with older generations (well..the ones who understand the value of my work). I always try to cut the seniors a break regardless (good karma, just in case I get old).

They're great about paying! This is probably an incorrect thing to call people but I refer to it as the "credit card generation" when people in their 40's and younger have a much more relaxed idea of when is a reasonable time frame in which to pay someone.

5. baileylawnservice

baileylawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Non-complainers!

6. pythons37

pythons37 LawnSite Member

Best customers are COD, older, who listen to what I can and can't do, and then let me do it. Don't come outside until I'm done. Most are single women. It must be my white hair.

7. Realslowww

Realslowww LawnSite Bronze Member

The older generation is the last generation to not be = in the hole with debt, this is what makes them so attractive. Don't worry with OBAMA care coming up the elite have a plan to extract the remaining wealth of the country to their pockets so thy can carry out UN21 with the last of the baby boomer generation.

That being said contracts with big brother are the most lucrative, just ask the military industrial complex.

8. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

almost all of them are my best customers. they all pay in timely manner within 2 weeks of receiving a bill, or COD. only 2 of them even require an invoice. I told them I wanted an email on file so I could just invoice them at the end of the month and they complied. I told them I wanted to be paid by check and they do, and they all include sales tax, so I really can't complain, except I want to double my customer base for next year. but they are mostly 40-60 all are responsible except for one of my buddies. he still owes me for two cuts from august for his parents lawn that I do every week but its not the end of the world.

9. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

I can't give an exact definition as it doesn't all revolve around money either, but I can tell you it's probably not those who consistently pay late.

10. MisterBreeze

MisterBreeze LawnSite Member

English speaking customers