Who bags grass clippings?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jphag, Sep 3, 2004.

1. jphag

jphag LawnSite Member

What is your thought on bagging clippings? Do you charge extra for this service?
  2. Greenservice

Greenservice LawnSite Member

I only bag for 2 or 3 customers because they have pools. I figure a few extra bucks into the price for the extra time. If I see clippings when I'm done, I usually just walk around with the backpack and scatter them.
  3. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Yes I bag in the spring it's a pain but worth it. I charge extra for baging from $5- up depending on the size of the lawn. Bigg thick lawns mean lots of emptying the bagger.
  4. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

Me - it's built into the price.
  5. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

Not here too much________!
  6. Hometown

Hometown LawnSite Member

I bag only one customer and they pay the extra cost (extra time to do it and fee for dumping and travel time to recyle center) it is about a acre and half so in the spring it gives up a good ammout of clippings. But they have quite a bit of flower beds and the guy who does the flower work always has 6 or 8 bags of clippings and weeding for me to put on the load so they are happy to see it go.
  7. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I bag every lawn. It is already built into the price as I have to spend time at the end of the day for dumping.
  8. ed's lawn service

ed's lawn service LawnSite Member

i do. it's built into the price and i will usually get a tip from one of the customers because it looks sooo nice.:D
  9. jphag

jphag LawnSite Member

I agree it looks very nice but I save 1-2 hrs every day if I don't have to stop to empty my bag 2-3 times on every lawn and go to the dump as well. Plus all that extra weight you have to carry around and don't forget that GREAT SMELL you have to inhale every time you dump. I always tell my customers haw beneficial it is to leave the clippings. Grass is made up of 70% water
  10. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Never. I will bag no grass before it's time.