Who builds "LAWN SERVICE TRAILERS" ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J. Bret Holder, Mar 18, 2002.

1. J. Bret Holder

J. Bret Holder LawnSite Member

:blob2:

Utility trailers are one thing. But, who builds lawn service trailers like Performance Trailers of Mt. Pleasant, Texas.

All of the web pages that I bump into claim to build lawn service trailers, but they are nothing even remotely close to what a lawn service trailer should be. Maybe a simple utility trailer with 2' sides works well for some folks, but we all know what a real lawn service trailer should look like.

EXAMPLE: 4' sides, 4' ramp gate on the back, toolbox on the front, trimmer racks inside and out.

Who builds this? Where can we buy something like this? When I request information from Performance Trailers, they never send any information. They must be making so much $ that they don't need anymore?

2. J. Bret Holder

J. Bret Holder LawnSite Member

3. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

we need a member on here that likes to build trailers and we need to make up our dream trailer then have him make it to our specifications then he needs to make blue prints and then he can sell it to us.

4. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

US cargo makes some nice ones. i looked at a 16 footer with a dovetail and basket on the front. you can also get one with the side gate. they were kind of pricey though.

6. BobbyBcuttin

BobbyBcuttin LawnSite Member

J. Bret Holder I just talked to my dad he builds trailers and flat beds out of his shop at home,this is what he's done his hole live. He said if you had plans for the trailer email them to me and he would work up a price.He needs to know everthing your looking for single axle brakes verse tandem axle brakes,length width gross weight, how tall sides your looking for, single rear gate,single or double side gate,racks,boxes,and any other special items you are looking for.I don't use one of his trailers just because i wanted to go with a enclosed trailer, but as soon as i order the new cab and chassi truck it will have one of his beds on it. The next time i get down to his house i will get some pics.

7. CT18fireman

CT18fireman LawnSite Senior Member

Why four foot sides???

That is the last thing I want. I want low open sides. Easy to get to trailer from all sides and allow for clearance for overhanging items. Plenty of room to tie down equipment. Taller sides can be added temporarily by adding plywood sides.

8. foxslawncare

foxslawncare LawnSite Member

Try doing a search on web for Big Tex trailers. See if you like what they offer. Good luck.

9. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I agree. If I got something I couldn't reach over the side of, I'd go ahead and get one with a roof, too.

10. scagman

scagman LawnSite Senior Member

Spectre makes the exact trailer you descibed. I just bought their 6.5 X 12 Landscape trailer, big box in front, 2 racks, split gates, dual axle, very nice trailer! VR Trailer sales (253) 845-5022 Puyallup WA 98372 or www.Trailersuperstore.com call em they'll send you some info.