1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Who carries spare parts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by crash22201, May 6, 2001.

1. crash22201

crash22201 LawnSite Member

how many of u all carry spare parts in your vehicle.
    tires for mowers/truck blades etc ?????
    I was just curious.
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I carry all the things that I think will help me keep mowing all day. Complete set of belts, blades, couple of idler pulleys, tire plugs, air tank, spark plugs, complete set of tools, ect. :)
  3. plow kid

plow kid Banned

1. a spare fan belt
    2. a set of screwdrivers
    3. a gallon of rotella motor oil
    4. a crecent wrench
    5. and a spool of bailing wire

and everything eric listed
  4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I wish I did today.
  5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

A little tip for you guys that have electric fans on your LC engines, I went to a local parts store and checked the price of one for mine and it was $138. I went to Auto Zone and got the same exact fan that is on my diesel for $75. I figure that is a good item to have along also, since you won't mow without it.

I also keep a nice assortment of fuses for it and the truck.
  6. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

I don't carry much in the way of spare parts, I'm usually only a few minutes from home or shop that I can swing by. I do however, carry two of every piece of equipment that I use.
  7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I keep a full set of new belts in a large toolbox that holds everything to keep me running. I have spare nuts and bolts, pins, blades and most importantly is the number of my dealer. He fixes em in a 1/2 hour or I get a loaner while he works on it.