Who cut on Thanksgiving?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BigMike, Nov 29, 2002.

1. BigMike

BigMike LawnSite Member

Hello everyone,

I've been using this site to help me research everything I wanted to know about lawn care, and all aspects of the business of providing this service...and, first of all, I want to thank each and everyone of you who has contributed to this forum. This is my first post...hopefully, it won't be my last. Anyway, on this day after Thanksgiving, I was reflecting on the events of yesterday, and I remember seeing at least two trucks equipped with lawn care gear--it appears like they were heading for job. I thought this was strange. The grass is mostly dormant here. Additionally, it was Thanksgiving morning! I figure that no one should be backed up to the point of working on Thanksgiving day. Did anybody work on Thanksgiving? For what reason? Any thoughts?

2. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Had to do 2 clean up jobs.

4. grass chaser

grass chaser LawnSite Member

I personally did not work but a lot of buisnesses were closed and it would be a great time to get them done. Just think about it empty parking lots and no cars or people to work around. I would hope that these guys who did work were given a chance to spend time to give thanks with thier families.

5. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

I hope not on the Res customers??? If we did we would be shot and served just like the turkey. LoLs Travis

6. Got Grass?

Got Grass? LawnSite Senior Member

the turkey:dizzy:

7. elp501

elp501 LawnSite Member

:dizzy: Ok I had a customer call us on thanksgiving to ask why we had not been there the day before. I told them we were, it had snowed, and we plowed their driveway. Thye said no, why hadn't I done the final clean up? They wouldn't accept the argument that there was 4 inches of snowfall! So if there are customers that unreasonable, then maybe these poor guys were heade to one of my customers relatives house!:angry:

8. therainman

therainman LawnSite Member
    from IL

I did, I started a thraed on this on thursday, everyone was putting me down for working..

shawn

9. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

for the last time of the season last week saturday. Clean-ups are done, equip away for winter.

10. elp501

elp501 LawnSite Member

I envy you, we got snow the day before thanksgiving and had to plow. If I had two or three more days, everyone would be done, but the snow is still on the ground and we are hoping for it to melt sometime soon! If not i'll be up the creek for the final months revenue and be stuck with a spring clean up that will be nasty!:angry: