Who cuts more frequent than 7 days?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn-Scapes, Apr 17, 2002.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

How??????

Tell me how you keep a schedule please...

2. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

I just talked with one today, and she agreed to go to a Monday/Friday cutting schedule. That is the second that I do that way. Talk to them if they get real long between cuttings and explain that it is bad to whack off so much of the blade. If they dont believe it is an issue, mow one pass next to the drive and show them how much growth there really is.

Jason

3. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I've been cutting every five days due to the enormous growth of grass in my area. I just use a notebook and make kind of like a chart and keep the date of the times I serviced a particular lawn so if a customer has a question I can just look in my notebokk and tell them when i cut.

4. Lawn-Scapes

I don't care about explaining to customer... I wanna know how the heck you schedule it?!?!?

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Simple...all the lawns that need to be mowed more frequently than 7 days you do all on the same two days of the week. That way none are missed.

If you are on a 5 day cutting schedule (M-F), you go to a 6 day (include Sat.) to temporarily take care of all those accounts that need more than once a week cutting.

It's a PITA, but money is money. And if you have those accounts that need a 4 or 5 day rotation, so much the better...better all the way to the bank!

6. AK Lawn

AK Lawn LawnSite Member

I run two crews and each of them do a zip, but on fridays one crew is left open for the rotation of cutting twice a week, so the second crew does the fifteen or so accounts that i have that want twice a week ,hope that clears it up for ya
    AK Lawn

7. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

tsg, its easy, you don't get much sleep at night, you work past dark, your blood pressure rises, you don't take as much grass over the top so you can go faster, you end up cutting the lawn 4-8 times more a year, you make more money off your customers, and so on.

we are movin our funeral homes to 3 days, commercials to 4-5, and all residentials to 5 days. everything was at 5 days but the commercials and funeral home are pumped up with so much urea that we;re taking 3 inches off grass off.

8. Lawn-Scapes

I don't know about the simple part... the PITA part you got right. Maybe with 2 crews it would be easier... but for a solo act it would simply be a major PITA. Lots of juggling!

9. AK Lawn

AK Lawn LawnSite Member

What is PITA?
    AK Lawn

10. Lawn-Scapes

YOU! :D

PAIN IN THE A$$