1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Who did your website?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by M50V, May 3, 2014.

1. M50V

M50V LawnSite Member

Those of you that have a website, who did it and do you recommend them?

2. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I have a customer that builds nice looking sites for a good price. PM me for his info.

3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

You might want to spend some time reading through the web sub forum.

4. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Alabama

Websites are easy just get a domain some hosting and use wordpress great CMS many features but I have many years in design and servers.

All you would need is someone for graphics if you can get that far.

5. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Having a nice looking functional site is only a fraction of what matters. Making it so people actually see it is the fun part. Tonygreek is one of the most credible people you will find on this site on that topic.

6. Tn Turf

Tn Turf LawnSite Senior Member

I build my own by simply buying a domain for $10. Installing free Wordpress software, use a premium SEO paid theme (Genesis) then tweak the theme to fit my niche.

It's not hard if you know what you're doing. I do it for a living, so I can get one up in running in about 3 days (including the time for nameservers to fully propagate).

7. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

I did my own w/ Squarespace. Love it.

8. cotyledon

cotyledon LawnSite Senior Member

I used linknow media . It's only my second web site, but they did good by me , they understand what Google is looking for and design the web site to fit . It's only been live for a month but in my area if you google my keywords my sit will fill googles whole first page, and the second is all like yelp, house etc.. I think we pay 60 bucks a month no start up fee. Not the cheapest but it lets me do what I do they do what they do
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Pet Domestic

Pet Domestic LawnSite Member

DIY! My recommendations would be host on HostGator (great tech support) for $9/month or so, then build it yourself with Wordpress, which is a very easy platform to use. Free themes are ok for a simple site, but if you want to impress, buy a theme.

Here's mine which runs the $55 Salient theme: http://petdomestic.com

Start small and free/cheap and go from there. Don't pay anyone $$$$$ for SEO or other hacks.

10. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Also, don't pay anyone for legal advice, accounting work, medical checkups, or voodoo.