who do I contact for commerical accounts?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shade tree landscaping, Sep 12, 2007.

1. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Who do I contact to get commericial accts? Do I go to the bank and ask to speak with the manager and ask when the contract is up for re-bid. But what about shopping centers, resturants, condo/townhouse communities ect who do I ask to speak to there? I'm looking to add a bunch of commerical accts to my business, just dont know how to land them. Any and all help would be much appreicated!

2. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

Commercial accounts are handled mostly by property managers.

Look them up in the Yellow Pages.

I deal with lots of property managers and in the last 2 weeks, we've been asked to quote on approx. 40 condo projects for the upcoming snow removal.

If you follow my advice you'll have great success. Make a very simple fax with maybe 3 lines saying what you do and fax it to the management companies. You can phone in advance and get the names of the managers and this will target them better when faxing. This method has worked wonders for us in the past.

:)

3. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Great advice DuraCutter. Not only that but you can cut your advertising budget down to nothing using that method. Also keep in mind that this is the time of year they start considering bids for next season. Timing is everything when you're after commercial accounts; so take a little time and try to make personal contact with the managers to find out what their deadlines are and possibly get an idea of what they were paying this year on each account. That will not only give you a time frame but you'll also be able to determine if it's worth your time to submit a bid.

4. Andrew's Lawn Maintenance

Andrew's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Member

Wondering the same thing!