Who do you use for flyer distribution.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CRM Lawncare, Mar 5, 2004.

1. CRM Lawncare

CRM Lawncare LawnSite Member

I'm stuck in the cubicle all day so I'm not able to go out and distribute flyers like I need to at this time of the year. Does anyone use a distribution company to get the flyers out. If so are they local or a national company.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Charlie

2. topher924

topher924 LawnSite Member

I would take a day off and do it yourself. It would be a nice retreat from your daily work. I would not trust anyone else.

3. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I agree, you need to get out there and make time if you are serious about your company growth.
    This gives you the opportunity to talk to the customers directly if you run into any while passing them out, and you can answer a lot of questions they may have right there. It also gives you a chance to meet them, and get your foot in the door. I also work full time, but there's plenty of time in my eyes to do this, if you are serious about the success of your company. Weekends are great, because people are home usually.
    I pass out all of my door hangers myself, to target specific areas I want to get more work in. I also am sending out 5,000 coupons along with a local pizza place in town, and are using 2 local high school guys who are reliable for a great price. We've checked up on them before, and they had the flyers up on every house they said they did. (have to watch and make sure they don't just dump a pile somewhere and tell you they are out).
    I would definitely get out and break those shoes in. If you can't justify time to pass out flyers, how can you justify time to actually mow the lawns :confused:

I do agree though, when passing out a great deal, outsourcing may be a lot better idea.

Good luck with the business!

4. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I also pass out all of my own because that way you are sure precise areas are hit!

5. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Like you, I don't have time to pass out flyers either. So I used to have my foreman do it for me. But even he's too busy most of the time these days. So last year we hired his wife to do them. She did a great job.

If you're not going to do it yourself - be sure to hire someone you trust 100%. A family member is the best. Next best is a close friend. If you can't find either of these, I suggest talking to friends and seeing if they know someone. A college or high school kid will do it. But you gotta keep up on them and make sure they are actually doing it. I drive around the neighborhoods we have done at the end of the day and make sure I see my flyers on at least most of the doors.

6. CRM Lawncare

CRM Lawncare LawnSite Member

Thanks for the advice. Will probably try to take day off and hand the flyers out. Local pizza place I have connections with is gonna let me attach a flyer to each pizza box that goes out the door as long as it has some type of coupon on it that offers value to their customers. Considering half-off first cut with contract or something to that effect.

Thanks for the advice.

Charlie

7. topher924

topher924 LawnSite Member

Pretty nice hook up! Good luck.

8. noiseyvoyzey

noiseyvoyzey LawnSite Member

I used a few nieghborhood kids, what I did was mark the back with a, b, c gave a to one kid b, to another and c to the last. piled them in the station wagon and i droped them off where i wanted them to pass them out. when I get a call i ask the client what the letter is on the back and give 5 bucks to the kid, basically pay on commision. plus i was basically with them so it was easy to supervise

9. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi CRM Lawncare,

You could always mail them too.

10. Flipperneck

Flipperneck LawnSite Member

Anyone ever try to slip a few bucks to the mailman? this way you can hit certain neighborhoods with minimal time. I like that pizza Idea...you think they would do it on commission or what amount would you give them? I know too the newspapers will throw the flyers in but I'm not sure the price on that. The only person I know that is unemployed is my mother but she is 63 i don't know how much area she could cover.