Who does estimates on Sundays

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by promower, May 1, 2005.

1. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Being busy during the week especially this time of year I end up doing a lot of estimates on Sunday. When I had time I would drop of estimates here and there during the week but I have found out that my sunday estimates have a much better closing percentage. I think it's because I usually get the to meet one on one and answer questions for them on the spot. Some may say its unprofessional to be out doing business on a sunday which I can agree with but if my chances are better for locking up the client I say its worth it. Who else runs estimates on sundays?

2. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I just did an estimate today on a nice size rock job. If people call me on sundays, then ill be there...

3. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

Bid 3 today and got 2 signed to start in 3 weeks.

4. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Sundays are great for estimates, you get to meet a lot of them in person. I actually just got back from mowing all day today...saw 4 or 5 other LCOs out as well.

I think Sundays are moving toward just being like any other day...doesn't have the same significance it used to. Not a lot of places are closed on Sundays anymore.

5. grshppr

grshppr LawnSite Senior Member

I've never done estimates on Sunday, and never will. For us its a day of rest and a day to go to church.

6. Jamesgateslandscaping

Jamesgateslandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

You gotta do what you gotta do. I did qoutestoday and I was 4 for 4. 1 was a good size lawn renovation, the other 3 were good also. The rain backed me up 2 days also, I tried to mow today but way to wet, thatch will have to get picked up tomorrow I guess...oh well. I try to take sundays off to spend with friends, family and to do maintence on equipment.
    James

7. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Only if I have absolutely nothing going on, no church, or any type of family things going on. I really use it for cleaning equipment and repairs. But not to say if I can work it in I will, but only for landscaping jobs though, no lawn estimates. But I will take customer calls any time, just got off the phone with a lady who I spent a lot of time "educating" her about the differences between llc's. And finally after 2 weeks she called to tell me she's going with us. I'll take those calls all day!

8. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Did two today, people like the fact that we are willing to meet with them on Sunday. We were working anyway due to all the rain we've had.

9. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

I quote on Sundays. Sometimes it's the best time to meet them be it mine or their schdule. I just don't activly work on Sundays unless it's my stuff. And even then I try not to. But quotes, yes.

10. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

No never have and never will, but remember some use Saturday as Day of Rest, and I respect that, mine is just Sunday. IN the long run if you dont honor a Day of Rest, you might get more accounts, but "something, somewhere is going to suffer" There is much more to life than getting another job, altho, I know for some, this is hard to see, especially with the economy getting so Bad with Bush in for 4 more years. (Hey every Christain is not necessarily a blind idiot voting for a president who KNEW he could use us in Mass to get his own perverse agenda going)