Who does Perimiter Pest control?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by johndeereguy, Jan 21, 2013.

  1. ArizPestWeed

    ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,457

    Pest Control and related services are all pretty simple , so simple a stupid monkey can do it , consider Ric .
    Where the challenge lies is with developing and growing a successful business , having the personality that attracts people , not one that pushes people away with ugly personality traits , rudeness , these kind of people never get very far in life and they hold themselves back from their own success. These kind of people spend most of their time alone because no one wants to be around them .

    Successful businesses are owned by people that understand how to attract and maintain healthy relationships .

    80% of the service type business are about customer relations , pure and simple , well for most people , maybe not for Ric .
    Just kidding Ric , Ha Ha












     
  2. Ric

    Ric LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 11,946

    AirheadPestWeed

    We have had a lot of fun over the years pimping each other. But this is one time I won't argue with you. Structural Pest Control is more about Marketing than L & O Pest control. For years I threw in Structural as a Freebee or closing tool to my Full service L&O Customer who took my gold package @ $ 1050 a year. Truth is, good L&O work sells it's self and Potential Customers chase you down the street. Structural is more about Marketing even here in Florida the Bug Capital of America.

    Perimeter treatment is 95% of structural PREVENTATIVE pest control. HOWEVER WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER 5% ????????. Sure New Chemisty makes a lot of Structural pest control, Child's play. But what happens when the customer brings home GERMAN ROACHES or BED BUGS and the Dog comes home FLEAS & TICKS??? No perimeter spray is going to control those pests. Now Throw in RODENT CONTROL and TERMITES and the list goes on.

    .
     
  3. ArizPestWeed

    ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,457

    Once again , (stupid monkey type , as in Ric) complicates a very simple service such as landscape maintenance and turf and ornamental pest control as well as general pest control .
    The difficult part( for some stupid monkeys) is customer relations , being the kind of person you enjoy having on your property , maybe in your home , not some short and silly monkey type with a personality disorder .

    Sometimes , it's the ones with the personality disorders that spend too much time on the net reveling their true traits ,avoiding face to face relationships knowing that's where they fail .

    Please ,I mean no disrespect to monkeys , it's not the monkeys I believe are stupid .

    I have always enjoyed Ric's post laden with years of experience and I hope he continues so we can all benefit with what to do , but how not to act .

    Thanks Ric
    :waving:







     
  4. humble1

    humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA
    Posts: 2,495

    We offer perimeter pest control mostly do ants though, I dont like to have to set appointments to go inside peoples houses for roaches or bed bugs I send to a personal friend. We will go inside to bait for carpenter ants, or do rodent stations. One thing about doing foundations are you will be seeing some huge changes on labels where you will not be able to do large blanket applications or banding but only crack, crevis and spot treating. This will effect me because we spray the sides of houses for mosquitoes when we spray the shrubs etc. As far as using bifentherin, I prefer to use Cyonara -AI is lambda cyhalothrin microencapsulated, it works way better and lasts longer for perimeter pest. Interior bait for ants I like Advion it works well up North for carpenter ants.
     
  5. nik

    nik LawnSite Member
    Posts: 184

    Perimeter apps may not be as easy as you think. EPA is mandating changes in how they can be made, at least with the pyrethroids. It will take a bit more precision and awareness. Thank California for that one.
     
  6. humble1

    humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA
    Posts: 2,495

    Better than a comedy show......wah hah hah ha ha
     
  7. Ric

    Ric LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 11,946

    .

    Thin Skinned people and Political Correctness is killing this country. We are all Yard Boys..............all the way to bank. Of course Airhead can't find the bank.

    .
     

Share This Page