Who does power washing?

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by jaybow, Mar 13, 2013.

1. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

who does power washing? just houses decks etc. to start? And what are some of the things to consider when doing this? And what might a good entry level power washer be that will take a beating for a while?
  2. MTenterprises

MTenterprises LawnSite Senior Member

The people who 1- don't have enough lawn business and 2- who try to be a "jack of all trades" and make us landscape pros look bad. Leave power washing to the painters and do boys.
  3. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

Jack of all trades here, I do limited power washing. I paint houses 2.
  4. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

I may bring on a helper this year, and it could be extra work to keep him busy, and make me money
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

Exactly why I do it is for the money. No, kidding aside I do the simple power washing like decks, fences. I have a deck this Saturday and like you said it is to keep the helper busy. If I paint the house I might spray a little to get the dust off. Just don't need the head ace of power washing a house and causing damage to the inside.
  6. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

wow, you are so clueless.... if you only knew.....:rolleyes:
  7. BrettT

BrettT LawnSite Member

Whatever pressure washer you buy, don't buy some machine from Lowe's or Home Depot thinking it will get your jobs done, running hours each day. Something will break when you least expect it. Find a good commercial PW, the extra $$ you spend on it will pay you back. Before you take on wood, search the internet as to the proper way to clean it or even call Bob at Pressure Tek (just to name one) and get the right tips for the machine. The tips that come with pressure washer will tear up wood!