1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Who double cuts lawns?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by curtiss, Jun 8, 2012.

1. monoshock

monoshock LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm still confused about this comment. Banged a lawn?
  2. No Weeds Left Behind

No Weeds Left Behind LawnSite Member

So when everyone double cuts do you cut the same way or the opposite direction?
  3. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Typically at 90° or 45° of first pass. Triple cut includes both.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Snapper Jack

Snapper Jack LawnSite Senior Member

I double cut 75% of my accounts cuz most of them are bi-weekly to reduce clipping size and I prefer the carpet like finish when double cut .
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  5. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

This used to be the argument for running double blades. Worked quite well if remember. Lack of hp usually being the reason it didn't turn out well. Now with higher hp and better engines it might be time to try them again.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

when I was a kid we used to double cut every yard with push lawnmowers/lawnboys..we'd mow 14-15 yards on a good Saturday-
    today we mow only yards which need it twice and use 36inch walkbehinds-

the commercial accounts with acreage we don't cut twice, though I might cut intersections or along a visible curb area more than once to ensure it looks nice-
  7. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 LawnSite Bronze Member

We do the same thing but at this rate with all this rain we will be double cutting everything all season:dizzy: