who drops a bill off after every mow.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Amco Landscaping, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Amco Landscaping

Amco Landscaping LawnSite Member

I was thinking about giving my guys bills for each lawn they mow and have them drop off with customer after every cut. what do you think?

2. trock

trock LawnSite Senior Member

What if they are not home? Seems like alot of extra work.... I invoice out once a month works good.

3. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i do that on one commerical account i have. i just walk in and hand it to the secretary. pretty easy to do. no need to pay for postage lol.

4. That sounds like a pain in the butt.

5. Amco Landscaping

Amco Landscaping LawnSite Member

this year money is going to be hard, so i was thinking of instead of waiting to get paid. I used to send out invoice every 2 cuts, i would just drop off after each one.

6. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

If things are that tight ,you better re think your business plan. I think you'll spend more time chasing your money that way.

7. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

If money is tight why would you want to spend four times as much as you should on printing invoices??

8. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I bill monthly but for one-time work will collect at completion. I have started sending out invoices after the last scheduled cut of the month rather than waiting til the end to bill everyone. I still put the 1st of the following month as the invoice date so it's still due when it normally would be, but a lot of people will pay them when they get them anyway. Weekly billing would create a lot more accounting work for me that I don't want to deal with. I make my money working on properties, not in my office.

9. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

if you bill no need to do it weekly. i just hand them the bill once a month. most of my customers pay with cash or a check and those pay every cut. that's the best way to me. you get your money right away and don't have to wait on it. i just go to the bank at the end of each week to make my deposit. i only have a few that want to be billed monthly.

10. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

What were you doing before?