Who else co-ownes there business

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by cutsmartlawncare1, Apr 17, 2012.

1. cutsmartlawncare1

cutsmartlawncare1 LawnSite Member

My twin brother and I (17 years old) both started our lawn care business and both run it. I was wondering how many other people co-owne there business, and how it works out and if you guys still make good money. We only do a lil landscaping but when we are older i hope to expand and do some bigger projects and get into some hardscaping.:weightlifter: so one can manage the cutting and the other handle the landscaping. Im just trying to look at the big picture.

2. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

I do it has some great advantages if you each have different strengths. As for income that's harder since you need to take in a lot more since its split multiple ways. We bring in nearly a quarter million a year and its not nearly enough. Hence major expansion plans are in the works.

I love how your about to get attacked from every one of the die are solo operators which is 90% of the site. The fact you wrote TWIN Brother and perhaps you two might be just a tad close won't phase them at all. You need to dump him immediately and run will be a rally cry LOL don't say I didn't warn ya.

3. cutsmartlawncare1

cutsmartlawncare1 LawnSite Member

Do you this full time, and how do you guys break it up?

4. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Oh yes this is full time they say 2000 hours a year is the norm for a full time employee working 50 weeks with I guess 2 off. Here we work 3000-3500 hours a year with 12 weeks off. It won't start off like that but it will get there as for how we split income we each take a salary and what ever is left I.E. profits is split based on ownership. In our case that's 60/40.

5. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Posted via Mobile Device