Who else does guardrail trimming?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Accu-cut Lawn Care, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

To those of you that trim guardrails, what are you charging per foot for your services? Also, what kind of production do you get...and what and how many trimmers and employees are you using? I maintained 6 miles of guardrails for a city in '06 and it turned out to be a very lucrative experience. The equipment needed was minimal. And even though it was very hard work, It felt good at the end of the day. What I'm wanting to do is possibly land some more guardrail contracts with surrounding counties. What did you do to gain contracts like this? Did you contact the county offices or the companies that maintained the roadside mowing? Thank you!

2. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

not trying to be a smart a** but how did you get the first 6 miles? that may be your answer???

3. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

i got a contract last year thru the state highway .how wide of a area do you have to do on the 6 mile strech how long how many people.our contract was 1 mile long with 3 little peices of rail but it was mostly a big dicth to steep for anything but weedeater rangeing from 5 -30 feet deep some one side some both sides of the ditch with 3 guys we could knock it out in 2 hrs but that was no sheids, wide open,with 3 young guys @ the end of the day just waiting to go out on the boat and drink some ice cold beer:)dizzy: :drinkup: the beer and boat part makes u wish it was summer don't it i can't wait:laugh: :cool2: :drinkup: )

4. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Not trying...but. I actually kind of stumbled across the bid. My service area is very large and we pass though counties that have poor trimming around rails. I was just wanting to know if these areas are supposed to be maintained under the highway mowing contractor or the county themselves.

5. Accu-cut Lawn Care

2 feet on each side of the rail. I usually used myself and three helpers one day if it wasn't too hot...2 if it was.