1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Who else has Chirstmas lights on their mind?

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by TimNNJ, Jul 19, 2012.

1. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

I did somewhat similar marketing with spec homes last winter. Installed holiday lighting at the show home the build first at each new development site. We got a few jobs off of it, but not as many as i had thought we would. We have had much better luck using the same strategy for landscape lighting
  2. Christmas Light Leads

Christmas Light Leads LawnSite Member
    from Dallas

Same kind of strategy as going after HOAs - those can be a gold mine for knocking out a lot of business in a short amount of time (and saving on gas too). Offer a discount on the first house (or on the entryway of that neighborhood), and tell them if they refer others, then for every referral that does business with you, you'll give them a $50 cash referral fee or maybe even add some more decor to their existing job as a "thank you". The power of referral is huge and time is not on your side, so any time saving tricks like this could boost your profits for the season.

I recently wrapped up my 2012 edition of Growing Your Christmas Lighting Business which has other tips and tricks in there. I'm offering it free to Lawnsite members this season, if interested check out www.christmaslightsbook.com.

Good luck this season,
    Tory Smith