who else has joined the "4-mix" club?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snapper, Jul 7, 2005.

1. snapper

snapper LawnSite Senior Member

I finally decided to buy a stihl fs110r today. I can not believe how powerful this thing is. I cant wait till it breaks in, it ought to be a hoss. In this case i am glad i didnt opt for the new 130. This one is more than enough, my shindaiwas definately wont be getting used near as much. I now plan on getting the chain saw attachment.. So whats your story? And how ya like it?

later chris

2. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

A fourstroke? I'll wait and see how they hold up before I make any moves.

3. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Its not a 4 stroke.. its a 4 mix.. Im going to be buying the fs110 on monday. The dealer is on "Vacation" now.. so i gotta wait.. Ill let you know how it works..

4. HK45Mark23

HK45Mark23 LawnSite Member

I have the Shindaiwa 2510 multitask unit and it is great. I love the 4mix technology. Yes it is a four stroke, and it uses mixed oil and gas. It is a highbred.

5. nriddle77

nriddle77 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Stihl KM110 with trimmer attachment and the edger attachment.
    Lots of power seems to be very fuel efficient too.

6. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, a four stroke that you mix the oil on. Thats a first for me. I'll be needing a new trimmer soo but I'll wait till you guys test run them first because who knows how the valves will last.

7. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

ive had a 4mix trimmer and edger ever sense they came out. love em.

8. shortgut

shortgut LawnSite Member

would like to have replaced my oldest sthil but due to the extra dry season we have had could not justfy it. :help: :blush: The older one is still going strong but it is a 2000 model maybe next year unless this one takes a dump;
    :blush:

9. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

I've had my FS110 since early June and I really like it so far. The ergonomics are fantastic and the power is very impressive.

10. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

We use all stihl handhelds. We still have many two cycles on the job still being productive.

The four mixes got that low-end grunt. We have many with thousands of hours on them. Most have not had the valve adjustment yet and very little down time on the four mixes.