Who else is doing mostly gutter cleaning? We have 1,500 accounts now.

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Alan Oncken, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Alan Oncken

Alan Oncken LawnSite Member

We have over 1,500 accounts just for gutter cleaning and would like to know others in the country doing mainly gutter cleaning. Marketing ideas, pricing, etc.

2. ksmmoto

ksmmoto LawnSite Member

I am thinking of bidding on a job power washing and cleaning the gutters on my local township hall. I'll have to rent a lift as the building is 30' tall.

Do you have a special rider on your insurance? Also do you price gutters by the foot or by the job?

ksmmoto

3. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

wow 1500 accounts. How do you market your service currently? How many annual visits? What is your average job price?

4. Alan Oncken

We turn away jobs like this. No "special rider" just a lot of liability ins. and we price according to time required to complete job.

5. Alan Oncken

To answear all 3 of your questions our gross is $100,000+ but can't go any further since I do not know your location.

6. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry for bringing this back up but i just ran across it....

Alan Oncken if you happen to see this email me at All_Clear@msn.com

I'd like to exchange some emails about your / my gutter cleaning business.

If someone else can pm this guy for me please do, with low post count i'm unable to and dont want to go random post.

Thanks
    All Clear
    Gutter Cleaning

7. Alan Oncken

Just sent you a message.

8. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

Do you do gutter repair also?

9. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

Gutter cleaning is not a huge part of my business, but I do enough of it to keep me interested. How do you guys charge? I charge by the linear foot, ranging from .50-1.00 per foot, based on whether I can walk the roof, how high it is, whether I can use a stepladder or have to use an extension ladder. My minimum charge is $45, but I'll often waive that if I'm doing other work for them.

I can almost always make over $60/hour, sometimes over $100. I can see where building up a large client base could be highly profitable.

Any other thoughts?

10. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Gutter Helmet and Gutter gaurd Gotta hurt buisness? payup