Who else...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Storm the Patriot, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Storm the Patriot

Storm the Patriot LawnSite Member

has been leaving those brown stripes due to the wetness in the ground in the low lying areas...

I made an important client furious because i left them due to the wetness of the lawn...i finally made him understand...now today the lawn looked great, but still in some areas has those muddy tracks...hopefully he will understand this time...

anyone else been leaving them? (poop jokes are ok) :dancing:

2. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

What brown tracks? It sounds like fungus.... how long have you been in lawn care?

3. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

No it is mud from where the weight of the mower presses down on the ground and the ground is wet.

Happens to me when its wet.

4. Storm the Patriot

:laugh: :laugh::laugh:

5. Storm the Patriot

Exactly....

6. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

It's the customer's fault for having poor drainage. If that line doesn't work, blame it on Obama! :laugh:

7. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

I guess my experience in mowing swamps is somewhat limited....

8. Icepuck72

Icepuck72 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, it's happening to me too...I just tell the homeowner what it is and to turn off the irrigation when we're getting drenched every 3 days or so.....It's something we just have to deal with...I guess it's better than a drought.

9. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, my church lawn is the worst to do that. I hate to cut when it's that wet, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. The mower likes to sling muddy water all over itself in those conditions.

10. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

It also can be fungus. If you guys are ever mowing and get that black nasty mud on your tires, try to wash your tires off immediately after mowing that yard. If you don't that mud on your tire can start a fungus called the "Black Patch" on the future lawns that you mow that day.