Who gets the screwing?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiru, Jan 27, 2005.

1. tiru

tiru LawnSite Member

The company I work for has asked me to build their business. Over the past 2 months I have revised my contract to fit the area, put together a flyer, handled all the customers, put out flyers, have several commercial properties wanting bids, have placed bids with some others and many other things. So today I call and ask for a $200 advance on my pay for rent. They say no. Ok fine. I decide to go see what L&I have to say. What I find out is since I am and hourly employee what I have done needs to be paid at at the least minimum wage. I have put in over 70 hours doing this without pay. A little in put needed here.
    1. Should I sic L&I on them?
    2. Should I just blackmale them with the threat?
    3. Should I go ahead and snag the work from them and collect the money for myself? ( I have all the equipment but a mower and many of their customers have asked why I am not working for myself cause they would go with me)
    I am really pissed. I have over 20 years experience. Ran my own company for almost 15 years and only sold it and moved here to help my mother. These people can't even write two sentences without misspelling half the words. I always took care of my employees. They have been in business for 12 years and I had to show them how to shear.

2. Grass Gator

Grass Gator LawnSite Member

What is L&I?

3. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

It should not take but a minute to say,,,screw you.........you put the work in it =,you should reap the benifits from it..........HUSTLER has a good deal going right now>>>other mowers might to I am sugestin the one I'M familur with :waving:

4. tiru

tiru LawnSite Member

L&I = Labor and Industries

5. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you serious? You went from asking for an advance to calling L&I. What exactly has the company done to you? Also, you successfully ran a business and need an advance for rent?

6. yamadooski

yamadooski LawnSite Senior Member

I'll tell ya what. I will sell my lawn co. here in lowballersville, Fl and move to Co. and we can become partners.. :D
    I sure do miss skiing and snowboarding.
    But making a move and starting all over agian.....mmmm have to give that some thought.
    I say dump them and start your own company again and take over the whole city.

7. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

More info about yourself is needed here. Situation sounds strange.

8. Mycannon

Mycannon LawnSite Member

Does sound wierd in a way.

9. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I agree. Something here does not pass the smell test. Try somewhere else for your pity fix.

10. tiru

tiru LawnSite Member

I contacted L&I as every employee or employer should do to understand their rights under the law. Do you know labor laws? Its not what the company has done to me but what they haven't. I have busted my a$$ for these people and haven't received a paycheck for nearly two months. I sold my business paid off all my depts moved my family halfway across the country. Have you ever relocated your family? All I asked for was a lousy $200 and I really should not call it and advance when it is owed to me. And don't tell me to go ask my mother I take care of her expenses to.