Who goes to MAHTS

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by bigviclbi, Oct 15, 2005.

1. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

How many of you guys plan on going to MAHTS? They haven't put out a schedule of seminars yet but I'd like to hear some feedback on classes you've liked in the past. I think I'm gonna try to attend a waterscape class. Didn't go last year but did the year before. As winter starts to come any other shows you guys recommend?

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

I dunno.

Trade shows are becoming a thing of the past.

3. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

We go to MAHTS every year. I think it is a great show. I usually find a couple of good deals down there....saws, blades, hardscaping tools. Not to mention new products and techniques. I like the advanced classes. This year I may take a class on sales or estimating. Possibly the VanderKoi class. A must for any serious hardscaper.

Chris

4. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Have you ever met him Chris?

5. cgland

No, but I would love to.

Chris

6. Henry

Henry LawnSite Senior Member

Thought I would bring this back up since I'll be there on the 15th & 16th. Anyone else? :drinkup:

7. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

If you ever get the chance never pass it up and well worth any money spent doing it.

Someone mentioned trade-shows being a thing of the past? Why?

I flew 2000km to go to one in early January ...made a few contacts ,we bought a Harley rake, found a contact for diamond blades, listened to a few great speakers and over all had a great time.

8. cgland

I love going to Trade Shows. It keeps me in tune with the newest technologies and techniques. Yeah, You can see that in mags., but I like to see things in person before I buy. Not to mention they are great places to network and exchange ideas with people that are not in your direct market.

Chris

9. ahrdscape

ahrdscape LawnSite Member

We are all attending MAHTS. As a matter of fact we have one of our dump trucks entered in the best truck competion.
    We loved the show last year. Very imformative.

10. JS Landscaping

JS Landscaping LawnSite Member

When and where is the next show for it? Definatly interested in going!

James
    JS LANDSCAPING