Who goes with opened who goes with closed?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by guntruck, Mar 3, 2001.

1. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

Im doing this just out of curiosity, i wanted to see who goes with opened or enclosed trailers. I know alot of the older members and what they have but theres so many new members i would like to know what they use. We personally use open only because finacially we arent able just yet to get an 18ft enclosed.

Thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I have both.
    8 X 20 open equipment trailer w/ 2 5k axles and split landscape ramps.
    and
    8 1/2 X 24 enclosed car hauler, ramp doors rear and side.
    most of my miles are all highway, and the enclosed trailer is great for keeping equipment clean and secure.

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i just got a new 8 by 14 enclosed cargo pro v nose trailer.

4. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

have an open trailer right now,but I'm going enclosed as soon as I can afford to!

5. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

We are in the process of getting a dovetail truckbed for an isuzu that we are in the process of purchasing to eliminate trailering all together.

I saw so many contractors using them in the Charoltett NC area that I fell in love with them when I was there last year.

As for what we currently have in effect is open trailers with 2ft sides, and a built on mesh box for storage. We also lowered our gate from one 6foot to split 4ft.

Hope this helps.
    Kris

6. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I'm interested in more info Kris!

I assume you mean the isuzu cube van (npr).
    What is the dovetail truck bed?

BTW I got an open trailer that I am making due until I can get me something enclosed....maybe a cube....

[Edited by Island Lawn on 03-03-2001 at 08:05 PM]

7. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Funny you mentioned that I just checked out the f-series with the landscape bed, and some other beds. They seem to be a really good way to go. You can get matching trucks for everything you do. Including pesticide sprays.

8. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I use an open trailor but it has 4' sides that come back 8' then angle down to 2' steel of course i dont like the look of wood. I think the enclosed are great. would love to get one but cant justify the cost right now mabey in a few yrs.

9. I just have a lowly 5.5 x 12 single axle with a single mesh gate. I need a open trailer so I can drop my handy ramp gate on my pick right onto the trailer so I can have access to any equipment or materials or to load debris into the bed of my pickup.

Meet the twins. One one on the back of the trailer is a 10 year old and an "adopted" 13 year old. Those magnums are 750cc and turn double blades to move mass amounts of clippings with ease in high gear all day without missing a beat.

[​IMG]

10. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

STONE:
    I know that cant be clumps on the turf areas in the back ground?? -LOLj/k

Actually in all seriousness are those 60"decks on the wb or are they 54??
    Kris