Who had PRO Landscape???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by SpruceLandscape, Feb 5, 2007.

1. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

Just wanted to see who out there has shelled out the $1400 for PRO LANDSCAPE and is it really worth the money? I can't stand the cheesy graphics of some of the other design programs out there, but would hate to blow $1400 on a program that looked good but was not user friendly or easy to learn.

2. PVLAND

PVLAND LawnSite Member

Just bought it at the Mid-Am trade show. They had it on show special for $995. Been playing with it. So far it's more complicated than I thought, but I'm an idiot. I think (and pray) that it's worth the 1000. I don't know about $1400 though

3. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

i have an older version that i love. used it for years. need to upgrade on of these days. it does sell itself.

4. sclark

sclark LawnSite Member

I have been using it for about a year and a half. It takes some time to learn and is pretty complicated but once you do begin learning the program it makes life much easier. I still have a long way to go and I am looking for courses offered in training for the software

5. BobcatBoy06

BobcatBoy06 LawnSite Member

I recently purchased the program myself, I think that it will def help sell jobs its used friendly for the most part, its just one of those things that the more time you spend using it the better you will get at it.

6. Burch's Lawn Care  LLC

Burch's Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Member

is this program similar to autocad?

7. John Zaprala

John Zaprala LawnSite Senior Member

I have PRO Landscape and have been using it a couple years now. It's well worth the money, but keep in mind like eveyone is saying in here it's something that takes time to learn the tips and tricks to make it easy and also look good. They have classes which are also outrageously priced, but put in some time on rain days and in the winter and you'll be glad you did. Warning though...I just updated to version 13 recently and the CAD/Planner portion of the program won't open and I lost access to everything I'm working on until customer service figures out my problem. That being said, PRO Landscape just made me lose 2 $20,000+ jobs this week b/c another contractor got back to them before I could access my prints to even show the customer.

8. EgansCountryGardens

EgansCountryGardens LawnSite Member

I'm having major problems with prolandscape right now. My program hasn't worked right since I did their 12.2 upgrade in November, and tech support hasn't done anything for me. I've contacted them on 7 occasions, and I'm lucky if they've called me back once. It's alot to pay for a program that has problems.

9. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

compared to prolandscape, how good of a program is earthscapes? what kind of cost am I looking at with that one and how easy is it to use compared to prolandscape? I'm looking to buy something in the next month or so. Thanks

10. ccash

ccash Banned

i hate it.