Who has 3000hr lifespan?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by R&K Ent., Feb 11, 2004.

1. R&K Ent.

R&K Ent. LawnSite Member

Just wondering about ZTR life span and would like to hear about YOUR(i.e. what make and model, how old, troubles had) longlife mower. Just looking for some answers to questions about manufacturers and engine makers.:help:

2. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Not a ZTR, but I have Scag STHM, 3 wheeled rider, Kohler 22, still in use, with 3000Hrs.

No major problems, just misc. wear and tear things. That mower served me well.

3. justmjc

justmjc LawnSite Senior Member

Dealer mentioned that the units should last about 100 hours per hp. I feel they last longer because I have a 95 metro that won't die.

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Although my Dixie Chopper doesn't have 4,000 hours one of the reasons I did buy it was because of Dixie's reputation for easily going over 3,000 hours on Kohler engines. Dixie pioneered the use of engine oil coolers (now standard on Kohler engines) and was one of the first to use heavy duty air filtration, long before the Exmarks and Toros of the world had them. That along with Dixie's use of the Amsoil bypass filter make Dixie engines last a long time with proper filter and oil changes.

5. Mac V2.0

Mac V2.0 LawnSite Member
    from Mid OH

Bill just sold a used DC with over 5000 hours that still ran well and hadnt had the engine worked on once.

6. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Any of the big name ZTR's should last 3000+ hours with no problem, if you give it the maintenance it deserves. Misc. parts will fail during the life of the mower, but those things are expected for the most part.

7. R&K Ent.

R&K Ent. LawnSite Member

Say on another thread that a guy had like 4000 hr on honda powered wb