who has a formal business degree?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MacLawnCo, Nov 1, 2003.

?

whats your education level?

1. Highschool or less

20 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. 2 year

19 vote(s)
    25.3%
  3. 4 year business degree

31 vote(s)
    41.3%
  4. masters, phd (in a business field)

5 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Out of curiosity, who has a four year business degree? Anyone have anything further? Do you think that the degree has been usefull in your career? In two years, ill graduate with my masters in accounting, and am just wondering if anyone else will have similar schooling.

2. Frank2

Frank2 LawnSite Member

Mac.....I have a b.s. in business....majored in entrepreneurship and emerging enterprises. Have to say without a doubt it has helped 100 times over w/ running the biz.
    What are you going to do w/ the masters in accounting? CPA??
    If I think I could ever get back in the school mode (test taking,etc) I would love to go back in get a masters in accounting.

3. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Frank,

im going to get the CPA, but im not sure what i want to do with it. When my lawn business is to the point to where it can run itself without me (5 years away max), i want to either start my own accounting firm...aimed at the corporate clients or do the standard income tax/financial planning business aimed at the individual citizens. Not sure yet, but time will tell.

How did you like the entrepreneurship program? Miami offers an excellent minor here, but it would tack on an extra semester...im very temped to do it. Think its worth it? Has it been beneficial to you?

4. Frank2

Frank2 LawnSite Member

Mac. One extra semester for a minor in entrepreneurship...I would say it is a nobrainer....just for the fact that you already own one business and someday may own your own cpa biz...can only help. My entrepreneurship program was great...was even able to write a business plan on my landscaping business for a project senior year.
    Best of luck w/ it bro.

5. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

BS in Biz Admin. with minors in Marketing and Advertising. It's certainly helped with business concepts the most. Having a basic grasp on Economics and Accounting has also helped.

Never had much of a clue on Quantitative Methods though. Anyone really understand that stuff??

6. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

hey mac...I understand the question about a biz degree but what about us lawn genuses that that weren't smart enough to get a biz degree and got a degree in something else?

GEO:)

7. Ray & Karen

Ray & Karen LawnSite Member

B.S. in Aeronautics, with a minor in aviation safety and a minor in business here. Half way through my MBA. When I am done with school, I just want to mow grass.....but who knows what the future will bring.

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

B.S. in Marketing.
    B.S. in Economics.
    MBA in Industrial Relations.

9. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

No business degree, but I do have a BS in Biology from UofMichigan, and working on another in computer science. Never took a single business class.

10. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

B.S.B.Ad.

Business Administration, major personnel (human resorces now) and minor in business law. Ten hours toward I.R. (industrial relations) masters.