1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

who has a gravely PRO STEER hydro wb

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snapper, May 17, 2008.

1. snapper

snapper LawnSite Senior Member

My local dealer has got in a hydro 15/48 floating deck with pro steer controls. It only has 80 hours and i think was a home owner model, looks excellent. Might be able to get a good deal on it. But what i am not sure on is the pro steer controls. i have only used pistol. Tried out a gear drive pro steer one time and hated it, but have never used a hydro pro steer. So who has a hydro pro steer, or lots of time on one? Do they work good? Are the easy to adjust to using over pistol? Basically what is you opinion on them??

later!!! chris
  2. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Have had several over the years.
    Got away from walk behind units with stand on ones.
    I still have a few lurking around but they are back ups to back ups.
    That said, when they were run, the crews liked them as a large amount of the properties my company maintains had either rock walls or ornamental metal fences. All of us got bit badly at one time or another with pistol grips which is why I then transitioned to the pro steer.
    Never had any issues with them but the learning curve was pretty steep. Everyone complained about how sensitive they were. Yet after using the Pro Steer and becoming comfortable with that system, we all preferred them to the pistol grips.