Who has a hydro 36" gravely?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snapper, Jun 23, 2008.

1. snapper

snapper LawnSite Senior Member

Well i traded the deere i bought and the busted belt drive gravely(came off trailer) for a hydro 36 pistol grip. It has the 15 horse twin kawi. It is the newer style. Only down side is it has like 1100 hours. It still runs and mows good. So I think i done okay. What do you all think? I had 1600$ in the deere and the belt 48 gravely just had 230 hours and proably three years old. I figure this one has to be worth at least 2000$ Whatcha think? It will make a good side kick to my new viking.. So any thoughts on my trade? Or any thoughts on the mower? Not much to go wrong, it looks to have been well maintained. The hours seem high? But should be good for several hundred more hours..

later!! chris

2. snapper

snapper LawnSite Senior Member

bump.. Any body else? I was comparing the gravely to the exmark in terms of the control linkages and handles for the hydros, and the exmark is definately superior. The exmark is smooth and less friction points. The gravely has a lot of friction points and not as smooth.. I defineately like the exmark better...

Thanks!! chris

3. Bigdog9501

Bigdog9501 LawnSite Member

Well, I will try to help. I bought a used Gravely Pro1536H with 70 hours this past spring with the pistol grips. I love the way that it cuts and throws the grass. At the faster speeds the hydros are very responsive and the pistol grips are taking some getting used to as I have operated a Wright Stander for the past two years. Overall I think the Gravely cuts better and disperses the grass much better. I am thinking about buying a Gravely Pro Stance but just not sure that it will cut as well since I dont think the deck is the same, but I could be mistaken on that. If someone knows I would appreciate the info. Good luck with it.