Who has a landscape bed on their truck?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Guardian, Jul 6, 2002.

1. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Where can I find a landscaper's bed for my truck? In this months PRO mag, there is a story on GRN Designs. One of their trucks is a F350 w/ a landscape bed. The bed appears to be appx 12' long and the truck seems to be a standard LWB. Any idea on where to get one?

2. like this , try Wil-Ro Mfg. in Gallatin , Tn.

f-550.jpg

3. Guardian

from Florida

IS that on a regular long wheel base? Thats an incredible truck. Whats the cost on something like that? Did you order it like that or just the bed?
    .......nice truck

4. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Guardian:

I doubt it is on a standard lwb truck. Most aftermarket beds are made for a cab & chassis which uses a different frame. I imagine, though, someone makes a landscape-type bed for a standard long bed. It might take some research to find, though.

5. yardboyltd

yardboyltd LawnSite Senior Member

It wouldn't be to hard for a skilled welder to fabricate

6. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

That's not a 350, looks like a 450 or larger. Although, I've seen that on a chevy truck at a dealership. Some outfit called lawns 'r us uses them in Winston-Salem.

7. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

I'm thinking about the Mitsu. cabover.
    There is a place in Fl. that does landscaper beds for almost any application.
    Alumna is the name of the company. No website. I talked to a guy from the company last year about getting some info.Never got it. He said they were moving into a new facility and,at that time,were working on a website.
    A few guys have the landscaper beds here,on the Isuzu cabover. Very nice. Another guy has a 16 ft. tandem trailer that was made by them.
    Anyone ever bought from them or seen any of their products?

8. cheapcuts

cheapcuts LawnSite Member
    from Boise

9. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

10. Guardian

from Florida

Upon viewing the truck picture again, I feel stupid to have asked the LWB question. Thanks to all for the input. It might be better just to talk to someone about fabricating one just for me.