Who has a safety policy?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by SDNCLAWNCARE, Nov 16, 2006.

SDNCLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

I'm working on some safety guidelines for me as well as future employees. How many of you other guys have such an item?

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

I had an Employee, Operations Manual. It was all covered in there.
    Putting down on paper the way people should act, work, perform, and show up, along with the penalties for not, is a lot easier than "telling" them.
    It also makes everybody = as far as direction. Just be sure you than enforce with equality
  3. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I have had a safety program in place since the early 90s when I started in busn. I have a policy program each employee must read and sign before they start work. It states that safety glasses and hearing protection must be worn at all times when power equipment is used and will be provided by the company or they may provide there own upon company approval. Company policy program also covers things like (showing up late, no call no show, appearance, and so on) All of our employees are also required to learn basic lawn diseases and solutions.

SDNCLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

Good answers.
  5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Its always a good idea for them to sign and recieve a copy as well as keeping a copy for your own records.
  6. parkeeee

parkeeee LawnSite Member

We have safety policies/procedures at work. Everything from attendance to dealing with customers is covered.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

YES, sorry I did not state that. It is very important to do that. we had a form that said-- "I received a copy of, fully read and understand, the Policy and Procedures Manual" we than gave them one copy and put one in their employee file and one in our master file