1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Who has an "Accelerator?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevo22, Aug 16, 2003.

1. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

thinking about buying one for bagging some of the yards that i currenty mow...heavy growth..yes i have considered a mulch kit..right now i side discharge and a few yards i have to blow the clippings way too much...thought about getting the large catcher, not filling it up all the way w/ grass, prob be too heavy...will use it for leaves too this yr...questions---

1. does the weight of the catcher w/ clippings in it lean the deck over somewhat
    2. have you used it for leaves and do the leaves chop up somewhat.
    3. what blade reccomendation do you suggest..i am running doubles-high's on bottom, gator on top...the accelerator web site suggest's running high lift on the bagger side only.

thx for your input..
  2. GLAN

GLAN Banned

1) yes

2) yes

3) The high lift on discharge makes sense, don't it?
  3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

They Are one Of The Better Side Baggers Out there.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

if u are cutting with anything wider than a 36" it will lean the mower and leave low spots

from AL

Go w/ the Accelerator XL for Leaves & reg. Accelerator for Grass.

shop vac.jpg
  6. ScotLawn

ScotLawn LawnSite Senior Member

what type of mower are you running. I run an Exmark in Collierville and with the mulch kit I have no problems. Forget the bag for grass and install a full mulch kit and start making more money. High grass may have to be double cut but if you do have to double it's at high speed. The only time i put a bag on is for the first cut and for leaves. bagging takes too much time with a Walkbehind and is too expensive esp in C'ville for dump fees. Shoot me a note if you want to see how my mower cuts with the full mulch kit.