Who has enclosed trailers with backpack blower racks?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

mine never have stayed up well.

For almost 2 years, two greentouch blower racks i had bolted inside "screwed" with self tapping wood/metal screws.

Two on the bottom close together and 4 on top... always flimsy though.

After one fell off a year ago, ive never had the crew use it. Now with more blowers on this trailer, i want 4 racks but having no luck.

I remounted them onto the 3/8" plywood walls using plastic anchors and wider screws... seemed fine, put one redmax on the wall and fell right back at me 5 seconds later :/

Since its impossible to mount th e Greentouch blower rack into the frame in all points, what else could i do besides installing a piece of 1/2" plywood over top of the existing wall just for the racks?

2. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

Get some like garage hooks at home depot and get some self tapping metal screws and go right into the studs (steel) I just put mine on today, and it's not realy a rack, it's a 25lb capacity hook on top and I put a 20lb capacity hook on bottom , and hook on bottom us shaped kind of like an "L" bracket shaped hook on botto
    with a 20 lb rating, so about 45 lbs and it's working great! And just let the tubes hang freely or put another hook up for them
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

My trailer has 3/4" walls and I have never had one fall off. And that's the reason I always tell guys to get plywood walls.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ajslands

^ what's the other walls ou can get? Sheet metal?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

Almost all the trailers I looked at had luan sp? Just get 3/4" plywood and you can hang racks everywhere and anywhere.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. ajslands

Well I just got my new trailer I think it has 3/8" walls though whic I guess is luon, but it dosent look like luon, anyways though I just put my hooks right into the steel studs.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

they also have that thin vinyl coated stuff thats real flimsy, i just got ply for the walls, much more durable.

8. EverestLandscape

EverestLandscape LawnSite Member

This is what i have and it works AWESOME! Get E-Track from a trailer supply online or Tractor Supply stores have it. Put it into the metal frame with self-tapping screws. Then go to snaprack.com and order the small utility hooks to go into the E-Track. Thats it...they make a backpack blower bracket but the hook works better and its 3/4 of the price. If you want a pictures of my trailer set-up let me know.

9. EverestLandscape

EverestLandscape LawnSite Member

I forgot, you can actually get everything you need from www.snaprack.com...the track, screws and everything else. Check it out

10. waters lawn care

waters lawn care LawnSite Member
    from alabama

All or my racks were built by myself from steel.All hang over top lip of walls the only thing screwed to the walls are the weed eater racks just to keep proper spacing.Made all kinds of hooks and tool holders the same way really works well.