Who has taken the Ohio fertilizer test?

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by jglawnmowing, Sep 20, 2007.

1. jglawnmowing

jglawnmowing LawnSite Member

My bro and i are looking to get liscensed and was wonder what to expect when i get the study material and when we take the exam?
  2. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

How hard the exam is depends on what side of town you plan to operate on. If you intend to operate anywhere in town except the far east side, then the test should be a snap for you as long as you properly prepare for it.

If you DO intend to operate on the far east side of Columbus, I wouldn't even bother trying to take the test. They'd give you an incredibly difficult version of the test in that case. This special version of the test is so difficult in fact, that you'd probably need therapy if you tried to take it. Sorry to break the bad news to you. I just felt I owed it to you to give you a warning. :)
  3. jglawnmowing

jglawnmowing LawnSite Member

well i appriciate the warning. haha we do most of our work the northern end of 270 and 23 so no eastside for us. thankfully. do i need to go to the agriculture buiding and get the packet? and what do i apply for?
  4. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

:) I tried to PM you with some info, but you can't receive PM's yet. If you email me at VicCundiff@Par5LawnCare.com, I'll get back with you.
  5. willietd2

willietd2 LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

i spray and fert on the east side of columbus and i passed the test the first time. just read and understand your info and youll be alright. willie