Who has the _alls to bid this job?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Russo, May 30, 2002.

1. Russo

Russo LawnSite Senior Member

This is not a joke. Need potential subcontractor in this area for this job. Private message me if you can hang.

JOBSITE:
    -Abandoned hospital building in Nashville, TN.

CONDITIONS:
    -Transient population on grounds.
    -3 ft tall grass covering approx. 6 acres and growing through sidewalk and parking lot cracks.
    -God knows what's under the grass. Hasn't been mowed in 1 year.

SPECIFICATIONS:
    -Cut all grasses to a "reasonable" height for security purposes.
    -Treat all fence lines with herbicide. ( approx. 1500 linear ft )
    -Trash to be removed by Metro before mowing, but they won't be able to get what they can't see.
    -No debris needs to be bagged or hauled away.

*** This is a one time deal. I have been as honest as I can in regards to the conditions on this site. It's nasty, but if anyone would like to bid, the job is roughly estimated at several thousand dollars.***

Any input from those unwilling is welcome as always.

Thank You, Landscraper.

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Wish I was in Tn. area.

Bush hogs work well for transients and unseen objects.

3. CLM1103

CLM1103 LawnSite Member

Homer..Bush hogged a large cardboard box several years ago and a hobo threatened to sue me for tearing up his house.

4. DINGO BOY

DINGO BOY LawnSite Member

Hey Landscraper, I'm in the Nashville area and would be interested in the bid. This is my first reply, so you may want to send me a message to discuss the bid. I have the equipment to handle the job & I think I know which property you are talking about.

5. Grass_Slayer

Grass_Slayer LawnSite Member

where exactly in tn is it?

and r u going to be working this job with us if we happen to bid on it?

6. Russo

I will not be working this job with you if you do it. We have a solid relationship with Metro who asked us to bid the job. We don't really have the equipment to do it, and quite frankly, don't care to.
    We want to help them because they are a great customer, therefore we looking for Co.s to give us an estimate so we can sub it out. If you want more specific info, send me a PM.

7. m&m

m&m LawnSite Member

although i aint in tennesse. if the money is right i will travel there to get it just a drive for me. for a couple thousand dollars, i can make it worth my trip

8. LawnSmith

LawnSmith LawnSite Senior Member

landscraper, please check your personal messages. thanks!

9. Russo

Thanks to those who have responded. I should add that we are willing to divide workload insome cases. For instance you cut, we spray. Looking at a deadline of June 4th for all interest parties to inspect jobsite. Work to be performed in the next 30 days as an estimate. Sorry short notice. You all know how these things go.

10. LawnSmith

LawnSmith LawnSite Senior Member

yes i do know how they go and i am ready and willing! i am always up for a challenge.