1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Who has the best price on Gator G6 blades?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by K&L Landscaping, Feb 5, 2012.

1. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Looking to buy several sets of Gator G6 blades for the coming season and was looking for the cheapest place to get them.

Thanks

2. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Why does everyone have to be cheap? Support your local dealer even if you pay $2 more per blade. Gezzz Move to China if you want to be cheap.

3. The same dealers that don't really care about your business and jerk you around? I would agree with you if the dealers around here were opposite of that. Since they aren't, I will buy the parts as cheap as I can find them. I'm also not going to give them $10 more for the same filter I can buy online so I can support my local dealer. That's just rediculous.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

Why does it have to be a matter of "being cheap"? Why can't it be "sensible spending". Example, the belt for my rider is $107.00 from the dealer, but I can get the same part from mowpart.com for $10.00. So I should just go give the dealer the extra hard earned $100.00? I'm all about supporting my dealer and would RATHER go there (instant gratification, got it in my hand), but I'm also about my bottom line.

To answer the question, you may try mowpart.com or J-Thomas.com. I don't know if they're cheaper or not but you can try.

5. K&L Landscaping

Wow, thanks for your overwhelming contribution to the thread!

I don't know anything about your business and quite frankly I don't care but I doubt you go through the amount of blades I do. I will be buying 20 sets of blades, that's quite a bit of money. If I can save $10-$12 per set you bet I'm going to. I can just about bet if you were buying 20 sets you would be price shopping too.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  6. Lefet

My thoughts exactly.

7. Anybody would. Why would anyone want to pay more money for the exact same thing? They wouldn't.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. K&L Landscaping

Thanks alot for turning me on to mowpart.com. The 21" G6 blades are $14.33 ea., I thought that was a pretty good price. Funny thing is, shipping was $180 and change for 60 blades :eek:

9. K&L Landscaping

Correct! I guess I'm guilty of trying to protect my bottom line. Apparently, someone isn't too concerned about that.

10. Lefet

No problem, check out http://j-thomas.com/
    I believe they have a flat rate on shipping. I'm not sure they have the blades you're looking for but it's worth a shot. This time of year I try to mix and match with the vendors depending on what I need. And yes, that $180 would be a killer!!!!