Who has the best stripes on Lawnsite?

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by jeffslawnservice, Jan 27, 2010.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

Eric has passed away...He did lay some nice stripes...and did it with dixie choppers.

Here are some of ERIC's work I found online with a google search.

2. turfrider1020

turfrider1020 LawnSite Senior Member

yeah i finnaly googled the name and saw theese pics, not to kick a guy when he cant do anything about it but his stripes are not any better than most ive seen here he just had nicer grass to work with, alot of guys who say his are the best are just as good, again i am not trying to bash his work just giving my opinion
  3. jswalden77

jswalden77 LawnSite Member

Agree with "TurfRider" ---- One can only get as good as he can with what he's given, and how well he's mastered his tool....

Large wide open lawns look better / than smaller ones....

Location of Sun and lighting conditions when taking the picture...

Type of Lawn....

And of course "Turf Quality" (hieght of cut, fertilization, etc..)

I'm glad to see the pride so many have taken in their work..... Separate yourself from the "grasscutters" or "we'll cut your grass" to manicuring / creating / maintaining beauty in the landscpape....

4. Penscape Landscaping

Penscape Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Chesnut Oaks best on Zoysia! Walden77 got my vote on fescue! The walkers shows less third wheel on Zoysia.
  5. lawnstriper23

lawnstriper23 LawnSite Senior Member

Mine are the best!!!!!
  6. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

Lets see em!
  7. lawnstriper23

lawnstriper23 LawnSite Senior Member

Do a search....
  8. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=3811517#post3811517 Here is the link to a picture of your stripes, they look ok for a home owner but they are far from the best. Change directions, sharpen your blades, and cut a little shorter. The grass is rutted from going the same direction. The grass looks torn and uneven. Just because the lines are straight doesnt mean they look good and they are def not the best. Its a good start though just make a few changes. :drinkup:
  9. Edmonds Lawn Service

Edmonds Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Here is a couple of mine

10. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I found an add at a local gas station of someone using ERIC'S pics as pics of there own, I tore it down and told the store manager that they were false advertising. Still have the add and am half tempted to call the SOB up and confront him.:nono: