Who has the biggest Zero turn?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by williams lcm, Sep 17, 2012.

1. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the pic. Yes It is huge!!!! I would just luv to take this to my customers smaller yards and see their jaw drop. I know it is overkill but man I bet this thing would never bog down.

2. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I can attest to the fact that it doesn't bog down. While testing it I felt like I could drive into the woods and mow down trees. Trees no, but saplings wouldn't stand a chance. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Maybe you've seen it, but there's a video on YT of a guy one a Deere 777 IIRC, mowing down bamboo for crying out loud, and it's actually doing pretty well considering the size of the trees he's mowing down.:hammerhead:

That 5100 oughta do really well LOL

4. ztman

ztman LawnSite Bronze Member

5. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

You're refering to the MF mower, way over sized for what it is. I was talking about a Lastec mower, a bit of overkill for the average LCO but a really nice machine.

6. Realslowww

Realslowww LawnSite Bronze Member

What size tires did the Ferris have?, that mower with a 61 inch deck makes no sence. You would need those big tires to keep it from getting stuck.

Those tires should be on all 60 inch plus Z's.

7. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

How much was the massey?

8. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Used to work for a company that uses 72" Dixies. Awesome machines and they used them where ever they could.

Would hold hills really good.

9. Realslowww

Realslowww LawnSite Bronze Member

Yaa I found the same thing a 72 with a wide stance can hold a hill.

10. dhardin53

dhardin53 LawnSite Senior Member

I would have to say the Dixie Chopper Excalibur 74" or some of the Industrial Deere's. But most of those Deere's are not true ZTRs