Who has the Redmax HBZ2600?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MrC, Nov 14, 2006.

1. MrC

MrC LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

I was really leaning towards the Stihl 85 because a number of reviews but I'm finding most people are raving about the older Stihl 85 and not the new Stihl 85 D. This is leading me towards the Redmax HBZ2600. How do you like it? What comes with it? What attachments can you get for it?
    Thanks for the input!!!

2. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

if you want an attachment, like a leaf vac kit wait tell next year for the 2601. Should be a little easier to handle for that.

3. MrC

MrC LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

What are the upgrades on the 2601?

4. r.eckley

r.eckley LawnSite Member

Got a 2600 this spring . Had BG85 got tired of having to pulllllllll & pullllllllll to get it started. Very cold natured. I guess sthil leaned them out to meet emission std. 2600 starts EVERY time with 1 or 2 pulls. cant say it blows any better than sthil . Kinda miss throtle lock but will stick with Redmax for all my hand held equip. for the simple reason pure 2 stroke.

5. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I agree. I like the pure 2 cycle tech. and easy starts on my bcz2600s. Might get the handheld stihl or redmax. Did you like the stihl on cfm? Check the bg85 thread some guy posted about the stihl bg85 and the new bg85d are the same blower.