1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Who has used both of these blowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chariot, Oct 13, 2003.

1. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

I have searched and read many post on blowers. I am down to deciding between the Shindaiwa eb630 and redmax eb 7001. Who has used both of these? I am looking for comparison between the two not someone that has only used one of them. Thanks
  2. NC Big Daddy

NC Big Daddy LawnSite Senior Member

We have both of these units. Both are very good blowers. We are changing over to RedMax as the parts are some what less expensive.
  3. chariot

I am leaning toward the Redmax, do you have the right hand or left hand throttle. I am considering the right hand throttle because I now have a Stihl br400 and that is what I am use to. My local dealer does not have any 7001's in stock but can get them for $419 and has the 630 in stock for $399. But if what I have read is correct then I can not get the shindaiwa with right hand throttle. Anyone else have any info on throttle location and why you like one over the other? Thanks
  4. G-father

G-father LawnSite Member

I have a br400 and a eb630. When I bought the 630 I compared it closely to the big echo 750 and the redmax 7001. I think the echo blew a little bit harder and the 630 and 7001 were for the most part identical. I'm almost sure they have the same engine in them. I went with the shin because I knew they were a good company and I knew nothing about redmax and have had some trouble with echo in the past.

If it was me I would save the 20 and go with the 630.

The right hand throttle is nice. However, the only time I miss it is when I work in a lot of landscaping where I'm changing the speed all the time. In this case I always end up using the br400 because of the trigger throttle and the curve at the end of the pipe (the curve lowers the amount of light topsoil blown with the leaves). Out in the open you always run full power anyway.

I hope that helped
  5. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

go for the red max chepper parts and more aval.
  6. chariot

I am going to the dealer in a little while. Do you guys know if the 630 is available with the air filter like the 7001? I really like that feature. I just wish my dealer had a 7001 in stock for me to go ahead and compare beside the 630. More information appreciated. Thanks
  7. mowdini

mowdini LawnSite Member

I like my Red Max better than the Shidaiwa I used to own. Sold the 630 because parts were more expensive and not as readily available as the Red Max. Glad I made the change.
  8. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

i have the shin 630 and like it.the only dealers around me are shin and echo so thats what i go with
  9. chariot

I talked to the dealer today and he said that Redmax made the engine for the Shindaiwa 630. I was also told that all the 7001's he has had were the right hand throttle, which is what I want. He will get some 7001's by the weekend so I will be able to check it out. i believe this is what I am going to go with. Thanks for your help. Any other information will still be appreciated.
  10. G-father

G-father LawnSite Member

It sounds like the Redmax is the blower for you. I have to admit it looks like the air filter is a lot larger on the 7000 vs the 603. The web site also states the 7000 puts out more cfm.

Hmmm... maybe its time for me to replace my br400!!!

By the way be sure to carry lots of mixed fuel with you, these blowers go through a lot. I've gone through 6-7 gallons in a day!!!