1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Who has used mass mailing?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by TheKingNJ, Mar 23, 2005.

1. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys i've researched this question but haven't found many answers to it yet. so i have been talking to a place that will send out 10k post cards printed and mailed for 950 bucks. They can also target houses worth more then 350k in a few town near by.

Who has tried this method of advertising and how has it worked.
    I figure if i pick up 5 customers out of 10k i will get my money back in a month so i might as well go for it.

what kinda things should i put on the post cared?

would i be a scrub if i put the first mow is free with a 1 year contract signing?

thanks guys.
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would ask about their success rate and also ask them for a reference list so you can call up some of their customers
  3. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Does that price include postage as well?

Do they have a website?

4. Broker

Broker LawnSite Senior Member

There is no way, a realistic price for 10K would be 2500. I smell something fishy. I have a friend who used to sell copy machines so he turned me on to a company that does mailers. Not only did he say that they have a reasonable price he but he also said THEY ARE ONE OF THE FEW COMPANIES THAT ACUTUALLY WILL MAIL A 100% OF THE POSTCARDS. So beware. I have used two legit mailing companies. They both allowed me to pay the postage with my credit card so I knew for sure that my cards were getting mailed and the charge will show up USPS and NOT the companys name.
  5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I paid $2000 to have 5000 mailed out. That included the design, print, mailing list, mailing service and postage.

The price you quoted does sound a little "too good to be true"!
    More info please.
  6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

king i did it. offered coupons too. out of 10,000 mailers, i got 3 phone calls, landed 2 of the jobs, lost one cus she was a nutjob. i told her to roll up the windows in her car, she said she's not worried about it. i told her give me the keys, i'll do it. she still claimed she wasn't worried about it. so, i discharged so much grass into her car, it looked like the interior was made of green hair. she got mad. i got something for you if you're interested, it's alot cheaper, and worked great for me so far
  7. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

I am doing a targeted mailing next week - still lots of snow on the ground here - :angry:

Here is what I have budgeted -

List of 2500 homes - broken down by income and homeowner only
    Postcard design
    Printing of the 2500 cards 4.25x6
    Mailing of the cards

Not too bad for 2500 I would consider. Also will have the card design for later use.
  8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

How are you getting those mailed for 7 cents each???
  9. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

10. CWilliams

CWilliams LawnSite Member

Seems like I read on this board that 48hourprint.com prepares the mailing but does not actually mail the postcards and that postage is not included in that price? Can anyone back me up on this?