Who has worked on Hydra Cell Pumps

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Dallas Turf, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Dallas Turf

Dallas Turf LawnSite Member

I have purchaced a used International Chemlawn Truck. One of the pumps, a Hydra Cell H-25 is not running properly. I have pulled the fluid end off the pump and one of the pistons is not pumping and need some help before opening the hydralic end of the pump.

Thanks

2. tngreen

tngreen LawnSite Member

Hydracell is a great pump, but be for you buy one always turn the shaft in back to make sure the pistons turn. Replacing the diaphrams, springs, valve sets is easy, getting into the back of the pump no problem, getting it back on is very difficult. If you pull on the diaphrams in the fluid end one of the three will always stay closed. Turn the shaft to see if all three move.

3. Dallas Turf

Tn
    Thanks for the reply. When I turn the pump over only two of the diaphragms will move the top right piston is not working. I can feel some tension when turning the pump over then it releases as you complete the revolution.

Do you have any tips for taking the back end apart?

4. tngreen

tngreen LawnSite Member

sounds like the piston is not making contact with the woble plate. Removing the bolts will pop the plate off just like the front plate. If you have acess to a press of some sort then it might be worth a try, but the parts can be more than finding an old pump around. I live in McKinney for a number of years, there are a number of places around Dallas that strip chemlawn trucks down just to sell the cab, the rest of the parts they just about give away, they have no idea the value of that pump ( 3k ) offer $250 they take it every time. You'll spend more than that in parts. I spent a lot of time working on those pumps, if take care of them they last years with problems. I have six right now have not had a problem yet.

5. Dallas Turf

The guy in Dallas does not have any pumps right now or expect any any time soon. He says chemlawn has been scavenging parts and drilling holes in the tanks before they send them to him.

I have access to a press. What is involved?

6. tngreen

tngreen LawnSite Member

First go to hydra-cell.com, they have manuals service/repair and trouble shooting in pdf format. Also Mark Cruse at Westheffer in Kansas sells these pumps( cant buy direct from hydra-cell ) and repair kits, i think they only carry the diaphragms and fluid end kit. 1-800-362-3110. Marks a great guy he was one of the first chemlawners back in the 70's knows their product better than most of the people that work there now. The project is not hard,
    i believe 4 bolts and your in the back end, it's getting the parts. Mark will know exactly what can and cant be done.

7. Dallas Turf

Bump, Anyone else?