Who has XM on their mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by precisioncare1, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

I do too I just don't want to be hard wired to the mower and its little help when I need to trim or blow off.

As for the data its eats it but our plan was 6 gigs and we still fall short of that by a lot so worse case we need to up the data plan a little this season.

2. Ok, I just happened to be thinking about getting an XM/Sirius satellite radio myself and wasn't sure which route to take. I've been using the iHeart radio app for a year or 2 now and that's ok but, does tend to run the battery down on a busy day. So I was thinking about getting the XM either mounted to the ZTR or the Walkman sized version. I was kinda hoping someone would take pictures of their setup.

As far as being content listening to the drone of your engine and spinning blades all day long there is no doubt why lawn care people may be confused with the character from "The Lawnmower Man" movie. Before the upgrade that is. I don't give a rat's behind about listening to music on the radio but, talk radio is another story. I need to intellectual stimulation while doing the boring job of going back and forth.

3. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

I actually encourage my guys to listen to music while working because I do most of the time. It keeps me from daydreaming which in my mind is more dangerous than listening to music. We have had more accidents when the operator's mind slips than while they are listening to music. Heck, when I do paperwork (which requires more brain cells than mowing) I listen to music full blast, and my books are in tip top shape. When you are on a mower or trimmer for 2-3+ hrs straight it gets boring real fast. I believe music helps keep up the pace also.
    Mike