Who Hates Winter?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Indiana, Nov 21, 2000.

1. Indiana

Indiana LawnSite Member

Sunday morning we woke up to 3" of snow.

I thought "AUGHHH!!!"

Then I watched the news and saw that the whole week it was going to be in the thirties as a high.

I really hate winter. I get so board with sitting around and thinking about all the things I want to do. I don't live to mow, but I really enjoy it.

Anybody else hate winter?

2. lawnboy

lawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

I hate it also we have about 1.5ft of snow in Grand Rapids, MI. I still have about 25 clean ups left. The weather is not helping

3. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Absolutely LOVE IT!!! Can't go skiing without snow!!! ;)

4. Indiana

Indiana LawnSite Member

That's probably the only good thing about winter is snow skiing.

5. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

I love it here but thats because we never get it. I am praying for it now, for the beauty and to put some loot in my own pockets. =)

6. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

come on winter is the best evey1 in your family is always more closer .i enjoy throwing snowballs at my girlfriend going snowboarding sleding , there is pleny of money to make buy a plow for your truck.

7. dhicks

dhicks Member

I love snow! Unfortunately, I'm about a 100 miles north of Toronto vacationing. According to the weather folks, both crossings back into the US are closed because of 3 - 5 feet of snow. It's great that I have until Saturday for the roads to get clear. Thank God for internet access at the public library.

8. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I got an AOL Instant Message from a member in Buffalo saying at about 11:30 PM they had already gotten 41" of snow in 24 hours and was taking a quick nap for 3 hours. That is a lot of snow, so good luck getting back home. :)

9. Scape Sculptor

Scape Sculptor LawnSite Member

I also dislike winter; I am a spring-summer person myself. Not to mention I have plenty of clean-up work to do still. We just got our first covering of snow here in Akron, OH. You can still see blades of grass peeking out; but it's still coming down and cold.
    Alot of trees held onto their leaves longer than usual this year.

10. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

I love the changing of the seasons. It gives me something to look forward to. Easy solution to your hating snow, buy a plow and you'll be sening green all year round.

Mike
    Greenkeepers