Who Here Ferts & Squirts Out Of A Tractor?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Green Dreams, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I was wondering how many of you guys do tractor work. You know.... fert, spraying ect., out of it.

What do you roll with? As in tractor and sprayers....and where did you get it all? Is there a co, that specializes in stuff like this? And can I see it online?

Post up some pics and show off what you've got...

Thanks

Drew

2. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a kubota L3300 w/ a vicon spearder (pendulm type), VERY accurate and has a swath of around 40' (depending on the size of the product) and holds 750#. works great for dry apps it was bought from a farm equipment dealer. you can make a boom sprayer yourself, or buy what you need. the best prices that i have seen by far is dultmeier. try www.dultmeier.com they have just about everything and most of the time it's 50%-75% less then other companies in the ag business.

3. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

Are you just curious about tractor rigs or do you have a location that you are comtemplating using a tractor on? If the acreage is of decent size, a small tractor (maybe you have one already) with a boom will work great. Foam markers are nice also.

4. Green Dreams

from Texas

Thanks for the replies, fellas. Right now I am just a hose jockey...lol. I would like to get into the larger apps as there is really no one (thats worth a krap) else in my part of Texas. I think I could make it happen, but need to get some work lined up first.

5. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

It is not the best way, but if you are just starting out consider mounting a 25 gallon tank on a ZRT that you might already have. A ten foot boom will cover lots of ground fast and accurately. Since you are experienced with a hose, you may be better of buying you a skid sprayer first. Good luck.

6. Green Dreams

from Texas

I saw this parked while some guys working on my subdivision had a siesta. I think the tank is 150 gallons. It has hydraulic booms about 4 feet or so on each side.

Who makes these? There was no name on it...Snyder mfgd the tank only I believe

trlr.jpg.JPG

switches.jpg.JPG

hydboom1.com.JPG

Hyd.jpg.JPG

seatswtch.jpg.JPG

7. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

We use demco pto & lesco electric sprayers, sitrex pto spreaders and woods aerators on our kubota.

8. HoseJockey

HoseJockey LawnSite Member
    from Memphis

Thats a Tru-green tractor. Used it for four years. great piece of equipment.

9. Green Dreams

from Texas

It must be a retread then as it was being used by Alladin Landscaping

10. HoseJockey

HoseJockey LawnSite Member
    from Memphis

I wish we could find one. It was sometimes too big for the tru-green props, but would be prefect for the props I have now. We also had a spreader that i could fert and spray in one pass. I used the tractor for 4yrs and never found out who made the tank and spreader.