1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Who here has an Exmark walk behind?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by venecular, Mar 29, 2004.

1. venecular

venecular LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

I just wanted to see who on here has and uses an Exmark walk behind and how you like it.?.?.?

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I have a 2000 Exmark Metro 36" with 14 hp Kaw.

It's a pretty decent machine. It's a lot better than the Gravely that it replaced. My only complaints are the front caster bushings wore out too early, the front wheel bearings wore out too early and I have had to replace both blade spindles, one under warranty and one I paid for.

It cuts grass great, even in damp conditions. I have never had a problem with belt slippage. It still has the original transmission at a guesstimated 800 hours. My Gravely had already been through 2 transmissions by the same time. The drive belts are original and I don't see having to replace them anytime soon.
  3. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

I have a tthp 52. I like it.. havent cut with it yet but, put a proslide on it and have been cruizing around my yard
  4. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I have the 36" TTHP and love it.
  5. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought one last week. Love it so far.:D
  6. lawnranger44

lawnranger44 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 36" Metro 15HP. It's frikkin sweet!
  7. Lawn-N-Garden Guy

Lawn-N-Garden Guy LawnSite Senior Member

Got a 48" TTHP ,still at the dealers ,waiting for 2 hondas to come in so I can pick up everything at one time
  8. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

We have a Metro 48" w/ 14 Kohler. Don't like the engine, but it works (starts hard, vibration, loud). It has been pulling the sit down steerable sulky for years now without a problem. Hydro would be nice for control and especially reverse, but the double-v belts work fine. Plenty of power.

Last year, we switched to the solid front tires (hooray!). Now if we can just keep the drive tires from losing air all the time and being punctured.
  9. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Got 1. 2000 Metro HP 48/17 (fixing to upgrade to a 23) love it.
    Like Richard M., I had to replace a front wheel bearing (well, changed out the tire/rim/bearing.... rim was frozen, tire was turning on the rim) Broke the deck-belt tension spring during the first season, but other than that, it's been excellent (until yesterday, noticed the air filter box/carb was loose, forgot to tighten it enough when I did the PM, and now it's leaning out the discharge-side spark plug.)
  10. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I have 2 TTHP's, 48" 17 hp kawi/es. Both are 2003's and have Proslides on them. They have been good machines so far. One, unfortunately has been in the shop 3 times for a surging problem and is still in the shop as we speak. The other one, ok, so far(knock on wood).