1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Who here is from MN?

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by R&E PROPERTY MAINT., Mar 16, 2003.

1. Andrew Kovacs

Andrew Kovacs LawnSite Member

Props to the North Metro cover Blaine to 694
    Fridley to White Bear Lake
    Snow, turf, killer clean up, really cool weed control
    Talk to me
    Andy

2. Red dog 01

Red dog 01 LawnSite Member

MN. boy here new to the game can't wait for spring

3. Hink

Hink LawnSite Member

New to the site PINE CITY guy. Ya know Up Nord. Thinking seriously about starting a lawn mowing business this spring. Looking to start out small and make a few extra bucks. Need advice and encouragement as the wife dosen't want me to buy another mower. I have a 42 inch Dixon ZTR and love it. Gonna put my 16 year old to work cutting some lawns.
    Thanks

4. plowman

plowman LawnSite Member

Im from Mound MN... West suburbs

5. griffithtlc

griffithtlc LawnSite Member

Add us to the list. We are in Buffalo, Griffith's Total Lawn Care. Next summer is our second season in lawn care. Right now, we are just waiting for snow, so we can do some plowing.

Haven't seen this sight in a while....

ram 1-2.jpg

6. 1acreplus

1acreplus LawnSite Member

I've been plowing snow for 4 years in the Twin Cities, but it's getting a little lean lately - about 30% of my customers are contract, the rest are per-push. With less than an inch of snow so far in January, things are looking pretty grim on the balance sheet.

I'm new to the lawncare biz, and figured I would focus on an area where there isn't a whole lot of competition in the Twin Cities - acreage mowing.

Since I already own two tractors, acreage mowing was a minimal investment for me. I've got a JD 850 utility tractor with an 84" 3-point deck and a smaller articulated tractor with no deck yet, but I'm thinking about a 72" or 84" for it. Both tractors are 25hp (net @ PTO) Yanmar diesels. I've also got a 26" WB for trimming, I'll probably get another WB and have one on each trailer.

I'd be happy to trade job leads or subcontract with guys that do smaller or tight-fit jobs. I know there are big jobs (meant for 84" decks) and there are jobs better left to Z's.

Since I don't have a fert license, I'd also like to find a licensed fert applicator to subcontract for me.

Look forward to hearing from you.

- Peter
    www.1acre.us

7. lawnchopper

lawnchopper LawnSite Member

Im from mn ..... st cloud to be exact

8. Mr DanO

Mr DanO LawnSite Member

Forest Lake checking in. New to bussiness this year hope it works out!!! Affordable Yard Care 651/260/5163

9. Calypso47

Calypso47 LawnSite Member

We are from Winger Minnesota, Now does anyone even KNOW where that is??????????????:eek:

Way up North, waiting for the sun.
    Calypso
    Perfection Mowing

10. OlsonBro

OlsonBro LawnSite Member

Hey,
    I'm another Minnesota resident. I do work all over the twin cities. I do alot quite a bit of commercial and townhome properties. We do all our own Fert/Herb. If you guys ever are interested in sub-ing your spraying out let me know if your in my area.