Lawn Care Forum banner

Who here is from MN?

50K views 235 replies 114 participants last post by  DA Quality Lawn & YS 
#1 ·
Just wondering who here is from MN.

#155 ·
Hey...any Viking fans out there? :waving:

The Vikes have an awesome offense w/ resurgent Favre, but our Bengals are playing excellant on the road this year with a record of 4-1 & have the NFL's 4th ranked defense, allowing an avg of only 82 yds / game rushing & 212 passing.

I'll bet that loss Sunday night against Arizona had to have hurt a little.
But that, & the Pittsburgh loss earlier both serve as sort of "how to" videos for Cincy this week:
Bend but don't break on defense; allow field goals but not touchdowns.
And when Bengals get the ball, run, run, run the ball down their throats & eat lots o' clock while beating the MN defense to total exhaustion. :cool2:

Any way you look at it....it will be an awesome game!

#161 ·
I talked to a couple lco's around here and they plan on starting around the first of April. I seen a few cities already blowing out beds and what not.

My contracts don't go into effect until the 15th but if the weather stays good and the ground is good I'll get an early start on the accounts that already renewed. Still waiting on a handful to send contracts back and a few new places I bid, so I'm optimistic for a decent season.

What's the season looking like for everyone else?

#162 ·
I talked to a couple lco's around here and they plan on starting around the first of April. I seen a few cities already blowing out beds and what not.

My contracts don't go into effect until the 15th but if the weather stays good and the ground is good I'll get an early start on the accounts that already renewed. Still waiting on a handful to send contracts back and a few new places I bid, so I'm optimistic for a decent season.

What's the season looking like for everyone else?
3 weeks ago, with 18" of snow on the ground, looked like a late spring.
Now, looks like an average to a bit earlier spring....amazing what a few days in the 50's can do.

I plan to start 15-20th of April probably - but I have a small operation and can afford to start later unlike the big guys. Watching soil temps though. Gets up in the 45-50 range, time to get er down.

#168 ·
Epic - lawns are still pretty fully dormant here. Is it ok to start dethatching/poweraking lawns at this pt? Or better to wait until you start to see some green up?
That is when we normally start, while the grass is dry and not growning. Generally speaking, people that dethatching or raking done want it to take care of the snow mold and to take care of the "matted down" look. I don't think that I have ever went to bid for dethatching and had a person tell me that they have dug up a portion of thier lawn, looked at it, and seen it needing to get rid of the crossed grass or roots. Most of the time you go and meet with the homeowner, or talk to them on the phone and they tell you something like "I've never had it done before", or " it looks prettymatted down right now".

Sorry, kind of long but hopefully that answers your question.

#170 ·
Hello, Steve thank-you for the welcome to spring season.We are TWIN-CITIES GREEN TEAM LLC, we actually started out w/ you guy's,tips and what not.Some real good advice, a fellow sent me S.L.E. Equip. and I found a great package deal on a new trailer,mower,edgers,blowers, in Kentucky, I'm from Maplewood Mn ,I drove and picked it up .Will be talking soon Hey everyone!!Whoo Hoo Think Spring anyone use Service Magic??Leroy and Sue TWIN-CITIES GREEN TEAM Maplewood Mn

#173 ·
Anybody in the Twin Cities do tree work? I've got some jobs to do in the next couple weeks that require some subs to do tree removal. One in particular involves removing an 80' oak from a small backyard in Minneapolis. If anyone's interested send me a PM. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.