Who here operates Bunton machines

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Port City Lawncare, Dec 9, 2003.

1. Port City Lawncare

Port City Lawncare LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Today I bought my first new machine, a 48' WB.
  2. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

We have a 61" twister with 3000+ hrs on it.
    Uncomfortable,slow, and clumps I am really not fond of it. I cant wait till it turns into a sentar!
  3. wmsland

wmsland LawnSite Member
    from NE OHIO

I have two Buntons one is a 36" that's 12 years old and still works great. The other is a 48" that's 2 years old and runs great. Around here Bunton is probably the most widely used mower. You made a good choice, I think you will be very happy with it, they are fine machines.
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I have a Bunton (John Deere - actually made by Bunton) that is about a 1984 w/b 52" w/ a Briggs twin 16hp I/C engine. This mower still works great, but I haven't used it in two years. I still start it occasionally, though.
  5. twwlawn

twwlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Bought a Bunton 36" WB this year, works great. I know another LCO that runs Bunton machines and the oldest one is 7 years old and still running strong.
  6. 44toy

44toy LawnSite Member

First off if Runner wants to get rid of that 52" contact me.

I have 2 bunton hydros and would have to think about trading any new machine for them. 10 & 8 years service with good luck so far, If my bobcats could compare I would buy a new one today (I know they are first cousins but the Bunton has worked better for me.)
  7. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Do not like their walkbehinds, the pistol grips are awful. In a few months your forearms will be killing you and you could have numbness problems with your hands. I tried one for a week, could not wait to return it!
  8. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got an old one.
  9. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 48" (belt drive) that's 4 years old and still works great. The only thing I have had a problem with is the drive belts that I bought earlier this year. The blets with the Techtron name on them are substandard. Within a week they started slipping, and I constantly have to use belt dressing. If you've ever had to clean the mess that belt dressing makes you'ld understand why you can hear me cursing up a storm every other week while I'm scrubbing the mower with a brush and solvent. Does anyone know where I can find some good quality belts?
  10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

What's a Bunton?